My name is Jeffrey Wittenhagen or thesubcon3 as many forums know me. I am a writer, avid retro collector and gamer. Since the early 2000s I have ran a few different content based websites such as vgMastersClub, Hagen’s Horror Haven, Serial Slasher Inc. and contributed to Retrogaming Times Monthly for many years. Now I write many books of various unique styles, typically on retro video games!
My Book Releases (Current as of July 2017):
- Hidden Treasures (2012 – Pixel Nation Publishing & 2014 – Print on Demand)
- The Complete NES: Officially Licensed US Releases (2015 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- The Video Game Culture Chronicles: 1990 (2015 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- The Video Game Culture Chronicles: 1991 (2015 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- The Complete SNES: Collector’s Book & Ultimate Guide (2016 – Hagen’s Alley Books & 2017 – Second Printing)
- The Super Nintendo Compendium (2016 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- NES Oddities & the Homebrew Revolution (2017 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- The Nintendo Entertainment System Compendium (2017 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- The Complete SNES: Definitive Edition (2018 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
- Hidden Gaming Gems: Generation by Generation (2018 – Hagen’s Alley Books)
I am always on the lookout for new venues to air my views upon the masses, however I will continue to update here as well. The era of VGBS is alive and well!
Contact me at thesubcon3 (at) gmail.com
Hello ! I’m glad I’ve found a way to contact you… I’m desperatly looking for your book “Hidden Treasures: Rare & Unappreciated Gems”. Has it been eventually printed in any way ? I really want a copy of this one, please 🙂
Well the thing is the publishing company I was going through went under before the print version came out. I’m not too familiar with self publishing so I haven’t yet. As soon as I do I’ll let you know.
OK, thank you so much ! Can’t wait for this print version to be released… Maybe lulu.com or something similar could help ?
Yeah I’ve looked into those types of sites. The problem is I have it in PDF format which is problematic for each site.
Are you sure ? PDF seems perfect for Lulu :
In the middle of the page (left column), it says : “Lulu accepts various file formats but prefers that you submit your files in PDF format.”
I remember now, the file was locked. It’s all good now and published! http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thesubcon3
Wow, great ! Just ordered the full color version, can’t wait for reading it 🙂 Thank you very much. Thierry
Your snes collectors book is fantastic!
Is there a chance that you write the same about the Sega Genesis?
Or is Sega your kryptonite? 🙂